Thomas George Macarthy Trust
Early Childhood Education, Care Centre & Oscar Programmes
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THE BELOW INFORMATION BEFORE YOU BEGIN
A separate grant round is called for annually for licensed not-for-profit, community based Early Childhood Education, Care Centres and OSCAR programmes within the Trust region.
Applications open on the 1 April and close on the 30th of April this year.
The purpose of the grant round is to support projects that:
- Address health and safety hazards at the centre.
- Improve a building or playground
- Assist with new or replacement equipment (including computers) and play equipment.
The maximum grant payable is $2,000.
All grant applications are considered by the Trustee whose decision are binding and are advised to all applicants by the 31st of May 2019.
For further enquiries, contact
Phone: 0800 371 471
How to apply
Step 1: Determine eligibility
- Applicants must be operating within the Trust's regions (see map - below).
- Applicants must operate independently from any national or umbrella organisation, e.g. kindergartens associations, play centre associations, Plunkets, Pacific Island language groups, Salvation Army, Barnardos or Kohanga Reo's.
- Applicants must be an incorporated society or charitable trust.
- Applicants must be licensed by the Ministry of Education.
- Centres under management of/sponsored by an umbrella organisation (such as a school or a church) must supply clearly separated financial accounts or budgets.
- Grants will NOT be made to centres for costs relating to on-going operational expenses such as rent, electricity or wages/salaries.
- Grants will not be made to centres for items, services or projects in retrospect.
Step 2: Register or login to apply online
- First time users will need to register.
Your login can be used for any Trust managed by Public Trust granting via SmartyGrants and can be used in future grant rounds.
Note: Please store your login details in a safe place for future reference.
- Once registered, you can login to the system and start your application.
Step 3: Complete your Application
- The application is best viewed/completed on a non-mobile device.
- Complete all of the required questions – mandatory questions are marked with an *
- Attach all required supporting documents to your application.
Note: Our preferred format for attachments is PDF, Excel, Word or JPG. Supporting materials cannot exceed 25MB in size, as files exceeding this will not upload.
Hint: Save your work regularly so it is not lost if you time out or lose your connection.
You can save your application at any stage and return to it later.
Make sure the spell checker is switched on in your browser to prevent spelling errors.
If you need more help using the application form you can download the Help Guide for Applicants or check out the Applicant Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) .
If you have any technical difficulties using the online SmartyGrants portal email firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4: Review and submit your application
- When you are satisfied with your application press the review button to ensure that all required sections of the application have been completed (you must do this before the submit button is enabled).
- Submit your application.
Note: Once you have submitted your application no further editing or uploading of supporting documents is possible.
Step 5: What happens next
- You will receive an automated email confirming your submission with a copy of your application attached and information about how and when your application will be assessed. This will be sent to the email you used to register.
If you do not receive a confirmation email then your application has not been successfully submitted (don’t forget to check your spam email folder when looking for the email).
- We will contact you if we require any further information to consider your application.